The charming Vincci La Plantación del Sur is built on an old banana plantation and designed in a traditional Canarian colonial style. In a peaceful, elevated position overlooking Costa Adeje and Playa del Duque, it commands some of the best ocean views in southern Tenerife. With its chic design blending luxury and elegance, the emphasis is on the finishing touches. Guest rooms are bright with natural colours and materials, featuring either a balcony or terrace. Find a quiet corner within the subtropical gardens, unwind in one of the five swimming pools or enjoy rejuvenating treatments and soothing thermal circuits in the SPA Nammu, which stretches over 2,500 square metres. The hotel also offers easy access to the many golf courses in the area. A true air of sophistication is evident throughout this luxury hotel which is a real oasis of peace and relaxation, you'll be guaranteed an unforgettable stay and excellent service.
Hotel child prices apply to ages 2-12 years.
Specially modified rooms for people with reduced mobility are available on request.
The hotel has 165 rooms, 5 floors and 6 lifts.
- Colonial-style hotel built on a historic plantation
- Member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- Five swimming pools surrounded by gardens
- 500 metres from Bahia Del Duque Beach
- Banana facials and volcanic cave at the spa
Save up to 20% on the hotel price for holidays between 07 - 31 January 2018.
Save up to 25% on the hotel price for holidays between 01 May - 31 October 2018 booked by 28 February 2018.
Early booking discount
Save up to 20% on the hotel price for holidays between 01 May - 31 October 2018 booked by 28 February 2018.
Free half board
For holidays staying between 09 - 16 January, 02 - 09 February, 13 - 20 March, 13 - 20 April, 19 - 25 May, 16 - 22 June, 14 - 21 July, 24 - 31 August and between 15 - 22 September 2018 (you must stay at least 4 nights to receive this offer).
Guests staying in a Junior Suite Sea View or a Top Floor Villa with Jacuzzi® for holidays between 01 August - 31 October 2018 will receive welcome amenities upon arrival in their room and one free Thalassa Spa circuit per person per stay.
Honeymooners staying up until 31 October 2018 will receive a room upgrade (subject to availability) and one complimentary Thalassa Spa circuit per person.
Please note that not all offers are combinable.
Bars & Restaurants
Open for breakfast from 07:30 - 11:00 and for dinner from 19:00 - 22:00
Bed & Breakfast, Half Board
The buffet restaurant at the Vincci La Plantación del Sur offers a wide selection of international cuisine as well as show cooking stations.
In the evenings, the restaurant plays host to a variety of live music including jazz groups and acoustic guitarists.
El Gourmet Canario Restaurant
Open daily for dinner from 19:00 - 22:00
The El Gourmet Canario offers guests an exquisite choice of à la carte cuisine produced using the finest locally sourced ingredients. Choose from dishes such as lamb terrine, beef tenderloin and sauteed scallops, followed by decadent desserts such as pineapple roasted with coconut and white chocolate or Torrija de bollo Gomero - a local speciality made with bread from La Gomera, Palmer honey and banana.
Daily: 10:30 - 18:30
Dinner from Tuesday to Saturday: 19:30 - 22:00.
La Jaima is the Mediterranean poolside bar and tapas restaurant which is open for lunch, snacks and dinner.
Beach & Pools
Located amongst the tranquil gardens and cascading waterfalls, the hotel features a choice of five swimming pools, two of which are heated.
The hotel's kids' club offers a range of fun entertainment and activities for young ones to engage in, all under the attentive care of professional supervision.
Suitable for ages 4 - 12 years.
Spa & Wellness
10:00 - 20:00
The Nammu Spa at the Vincci La Plantación del Sur is the perfect place to relax and rejuvinate and is home to a choice of thermal circuits including the volcanic cave Canarian Circuit and the Thalassa Circuit. An extensive range of treatments are also available from luxury facials to nourishing body treatments. A few hours spent at the Nammu Spa is guaranteed to leave your mind and body feeling truly pampered.
Children under 16 are not permitted. Reservations are required.
About the location
On the sun-kissed west coast of Tenerife you’ll find Costa Adeje, a chic resort with an exclusive location. In an elevated spot set apart from the hustle and bustle of nearby resorts, Costa Adeje has uninterrupted views of Mount Teide. Life here revolves around the sweeping coast, thanks to a duo of pristine beaches. Playa del Duque’s honey-coloured sand was imported from the Sahara desert, while the darker volcanic stretch of Playa de Fanabe is classic Canaries. There’s a small but perfectly formed collection of bars and restaurants, with some good spots for fresh seafood and sampling the local fare. If your holiday doesn’t feel like a holiday without a few rounds of golf, the 18-hole Golf Costa Adeje was created to blend in with the area’s natural beauty, with rolling greens backed by palm trees and the deep blue of the Atlantic.
20 mins from Tenerife South airport
Max 3 adults, 1 child
These comfortable rooms have twin beds plus a sofa bed and all feature either a balcony or terrace. Please note: Child sofa beds measure a maximum of 1.18m in length.
Twin Limited Sea View
Max 3 adults, 1 child
These rooms have twin beds plus a sofa bed and have a limited sea view from the balcony. Please note: Child sofa beds measure a maximum of 1.18m in length.
Twin Sea View
Max 3 adults, 1 child
These rooms benefit from fantastic sea views from the balcony and feature twin beds with a sofa bed. Please note: Child sofa beds measure a maximum of 1.18m in length.
Twin Sea View Sole Use
Max 1 adult
These rooms benefit from fantastic sea views from the balcony and feature twin beds with a sofa bed. Please note: Child sofa beds measure a maximum of 1.18m in length. Available for single use.
Family Room - Interconnecting Twins
Max 6 adults
Family Rooms consist of two interconnecting twin rooms and are located on the ground floor with limited sea views.
Two rooms of 40m²
Junior Suite Sea View
Max 3 adults
The Junior Suites feature a four-poster canopy bed, separate lounge area with a sofa and chairs, and also a dressing area.
Ground Floor Garden Villa Jacuzzi
Max 2 adults
Designed to provide a higher level of privacy and relaxation, the villas are set around the garden and pool area comprising a four-poster canopy bed with separate dressing room, additional lounge area and an extensive terrace with a private outdoor garden with a Jacuzzi®.
Top Floor Villa with Jacuzzi
Max 2 adults
The top floor villas feature a large private terrace area with a Jacuzzi® and stunning sea views. The rooms themselves have a four-poster canopy bed with seperate dressing area and a lounge area featuring a sofa and chairs.
Based on 2772 traveller reviews
89% of travellers recommended this hotel
What to expect
“ Excellent Holiday Hotel
cambrian2016, Swansea, United Kingdom
Jan 18 2018
A compact hotel set in superb gardens. Elegant public areas, spacious, well appointed rooms with fine sea views. Not surprisingly, for accommodation of this category, service was excellent. Ideal for...
A compact hotel set in superb gardens. Elegant public areas, spacious, well appointed rooms with fine sea views. Not surprisingly, for accommodation of this category, service was excellent. Ideal for a quiet relaxing holiday.
View full review
“ Good Resort, Lacks Prestige
LHR-Speedbird, Windsor, United Kingdom
Jan 17 2018
We stayed here during the second week of January for a last minute break. Having stayed at three neighbouring resorts in the past, including the Bahia Del Duque, Gran Tacande and El Mirador, we chose...
We stayed here during the second week of January for a last minute break. Having stayed at three neighbouring resorts in the past, including the Bahia Del Duque, Gran Tacande and El Mirador, we chose La Plantacion as a new resort to try.
- Excellent and enthusiastic staff (mostly): special mentions go to Marco, the grounds keeper, and Lkadi who were extremely personable, professional and enthusiastic. Most staff were attentive, polite and positive. This is what sets the resort apart from others.
- A very relaxed feel, lots of space and privacy. No overly-loud entertainment, possibly given the time of the year.
- Rooms were large, comfortable and well maintained. We were upgraded to a sea view room which was an awesome surprise at check in.
- We were half board. Breakfast was great, lots of selection and great quality ingredients.
- Five pools on offer, three heated and two non-heated.
- My biggest gripe is the fact you have to pay for any "extras" during dinner service upon ordering. This includes additional orders throughout your meal service, meaning that you could be on your main course, order some wine and have to sign a printed receipt before continuing with your meal. This isn't customary at any resort I have been to before, the bill usually comes at the end, so why is it different at La Plantacion?
- Music throughout the resort - I think I must have heard the song "life for rent" by Dido and "New York" by Alicia Keys at least once every hour in most communal areas. The short playlist was on a constant loop.
- There is no concierge, meaning you have to go to the front desk to book experiences/rental cars etc. Not a problem when it's not busy, but when it is it can take a while.
- Lack of prestige - Despite this being rated a 5* resort, there is a lack of exclusivity or prestige feel, unlike the Bahia del Duque and El Mirador (granted they're at a slightly higher price point).
- The dinner buffet selection was good, but not great. There were two other restaurants on offer that we didn't try, but the a la carte is supposed to be highly rated (so we were told by other guests).
Overall, a relaxing week in a really nice resort with good facilities, but I struggle to grasp the star rating as there are other 5*'s in the vicinity that offer a more exclusive and upmarket experience, for marginally more money.
View full review
View more reviews